Grants & Programs
Downtown Dollars Program
The DTKBIA sells and donates thousands of Downtown Dollars each year that can be used at all partnering businesses. This program is a gift certificate program where "dollars" can be redeemed at any participating Downtown business.
There are easy steps to follow when handling these gift certificates. To obtain a copy of the Downtown Dollar security features and steps to validate them please connect with Lori Muller ([email protected]).
- Downtown Dollars are a gift certificate program, and available in paper copy only.
- Dollars are accepted at all financial institutions when depositing into your Downtown business account.
- Downtown Dollars are available for purchase in the following increments: $5, $10, $25.
- *** Please note we only accept cash or business cheque when purchasing Downtown Dollars.
- Downtown Dollars can be used at many Downtown businesses. Please view our Shopping & Dining guide for a full list. Businesses that accept the dollars are identified with a "$".
Have an upcoming event and you would like to use Downtown Dollars as a prize? Please read and complete the Downtown Dollar Program document and email to Stef Golling ([email protected]).
Community Builder Grant
The Downtown Kitchener BIA provides a funding program to encourage members to partner with us to beautify, promote and create events in our Downtown.
The purpose of this funding program is to encourage efforts that help to build a positive image for Downtown Kitchener and enable community events that focus on collaboration and an amazing experience in Downtown.
If you are interested in partnering with businesses and/or community groups to create a great event Downtown, you may qualify for funding. Please review the Program Outline and Application to the right for details.